My roommate and fellow intern, Katie, arrived on Friday. I went to my first day of work that day while she checked into the apartment. On Saturday afternoon/evening, we took a nice long walk down to Galway City Center for dinner and some exploring. It was one of my goals to have my first Irish beer. I had been here for nearly three days at that point and everyone kept asking me about the beer (jeeze guys!). Katie and I wandered around the downtown area looking for a place and finally settled on a place that had some nice looking specials. We sat down, ordered our meal and asked what kind of beer they had. "Bud in bottles," said the waitress. My first IRISH beer will not be Bud so I passed. My plans to have a delicious Guiness were foiled, not unlike my many plans to see Fuji or Mito. Still, dinner was delicious.
Monday, June 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment