Monday, June 08, 2009

The Burren

Today, Katie and I decided to take a tour of the Burren area, right outside of Galway. The weather was perfect- I am beginning to think that telling tourists that Ireland is rainy and cold is just something that they do to fool them into not coming so that the country can remain pristine. The forecast was for rain but there was not a drop and a good part of the day was bright and sunny. You could really see the blue of the water and the sky and the green of the countryside.
First we took a walking tour around some fields in the Burren, and tiptoed amongst the dandylions.
The Burren
Poulnabrone "The Portal Tomb"
Katie and Me in front of the Cliffs of Moher
The Cliffs of Moher

More cliffs
Countryside

How now, brown cow.
Leamanagh Castle

Me and Katie

2 comments:

konichiwhaaaaat? said...

Usually I can see through the g-ratedness of your blog for the good stuff... but I'm having a little trouble deciphering the real story in this post.

Just something to think about...


;)

moonrat said...

dang, i want to move to ireland.