Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kanazawa for the weekend!

On Friday I went to Kanazawa for the weekend! Great opportunity to catch up with good friends and spend some time in a great city. Caroline organized a party at a yakitori restaurant and lots of people came out to hang out. On Saturday, Caroline and I went to a "vegan curry restaurant" with some other JETs. Lunch was amazing- beet salad, carrot apple juice, curry, rice, vegetable soup, fresh baked bread and fried chicken. Yes, that is right, at the vegan restaurant we ate fried chicken! But it was all delicious!

Caroline rides the bouncing thing at the restaurant.

On Saturday night, there was a St. Patrick's Day party at Apre and it was a great opportunity to see lots of people and meet up with old friends.

Me and Fiona, who obviously won the costume contest by wearing her green ballet costume

Jamie, Amanda and Me
Simon, Amanda and Me


On Sunday, after a Freshness burger with Fiona, I headed to Oyama Shrine. There are more plum blossoms there than all of Ueno Park in Tokyo. It really is a lovely place!




No comments: