Lacie was nice enough to have a few of us over after J law class for some of her delicious cooking. Lacie's place is a) tiny and b) does not allow boys. So naturally, we packed it with six people, including Robert.... he just had to whisper.

Lacie and Monique

I went "upstairs"- ie: to the top bunk to get this shot of the people and the curry and the chicken.

The spread

Delicious

After dinner, Jenni and I headed to Roppongi. There have been lots of warnings issued from the US Embassy recently about foreigners having their money taken at bars there. And yet, I still feel safer there than on any street of New York City. I am careful and cautious in Roppongi. Alexis Tip #856: Do not get wasted drunk alone in Roppongi and then give your wallet to the bartender in a hostess bar unless you want it to come back empty. I don't generally behave in such a way so I am fine.

We did some salsa dancing and some wandering and then ended up in this restaurant. As if Lacie's dinner wasn't enough, I stuffed myself again.

Robert and Me at Hanami
On Saturday night, there was a hanami 花見 flower viewing party in Yoyogi Park. The cherry blossoms are in near full bloom this week and they are indeed lovely.... not that we could see them- it was dark. Some group had set up generators and music in a clearing in the park for people gathered to listen to music, drink sake (ok, I don't think anyone actually drank sake) and contemplate the fleeting nature of life under the delicate blossoms. But, as I said, it was too dark to see the flowers and, really, too loud to contemplate anything. Still, fun!

You could see the flowers if you illuminated them with the flash of your camera.

The crowd
1 comment:
I quite agree, Alexis. Best not to get roaring drunk and leave your wallet with the bartender. Good advice. Hard to keep track of all the poor unfortunates who, not having been so counselled, are unaware of the inadvisability of such behavior.
Post a Comment