The National High school Sumo Competition took place in Kanazawa today and Blair's school was competing. A bunch of us went to watch. I had never been to a sumo competition before it was pretty interesting to see all of these enormous high school boys walking around half naked like that is ordinary (I suppose for them it is!). Anywy, now I can say that I have seen sumo. Done and done.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Sumo
The National High school Sumo Competition took place in Kanazawa today and Blair's school was competing. A bunch of us went to watch. I had never been to a sumo competition before it was pretty interesting to see all of these enormous high school boys walking around half naked like that is ordinary (I suppose for them it is!). Anywy, now I can say that I have seen sumo. Done and done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
...isn't that kind of dirty?
freddy wants to know, can you be arrested for that? also, are high school sumo wrestlers smaller than adult wrestlers?
also, do girls sumo wrestle? if not, what do they have instead?
SO many questions.
Arrested for what? Walking around half naked in a sumo diaper? I don't think so.
Yes, high school sumo wrestlers are smaller than the adult ones. In general. Some of them were massive though. And some of them looked like normal kids (they did not normally win their matches).
Apparently girls do sumo. We were interviewed by a newspaper and they asked us what we thought of girl sumo wrestlers. However, I don't know of any girl sumo and there certainly were not any at this competition. There are girl cheerleaders at these events though- no stunting but lots of short skirts and pom poms.
I don't know what the girls do instead... tea ceremony? Not all high schools have a sumo club- my school does not.
Anymore questions?
Post a Comment