Sunday, May 27, 2007

Out in Kanazawa




On Saturday night I went out for dinner with some fellow JETs (pictured above). Then we went to what can only be described as "SO not my scene"- a club-ish night at a 'Club' in Kanazawa. It started out innocent enough- big room, music, people dancing. It was fun for about an hour but then the crowd turned ANGRY (or perhaps stupid is a better choice of words). People packed into the room as closely as they could and instead of dancing, people started doing what I can only describe as being stupid and careless. People were thrashing about, jumping up, running and jumping on people, swinging their arms and just generally being careless about where their bodies were in relation to others. If you went with the flow and pushed back, I suppose it was fun. My friends loved it- Travis was in his glory! A girl fell right up top of me and took me right down to the floor (I have the bruises on my back to prove it) and I had AT LEAST four full cups of beverage dropped, thrown or spilled on me. But I persevered. I tried to stick it out- afterall, I am about double the size of anyone there so I wasn't getting hurt- just getting annoyed. I think I had a look of terror on my face for about the last 15 minutes I was there and when the fifth drink went RIGHT in my face, that was the dealbreaker. So I left. I am SO not hardcore.

It was tramatic.

No comments: