Thursday, May 10, 2007

Osaka at Night


Sunset over Osaka

Skyline View

Matt in the tunnel

Matt made me pose inside of this heart at the Floating Garden and this Japanese woman commented (in Japanese), "Doesn't she know that she is alone in a heart???" to her friend thinking that I did not understand. I did and I gave her a dirty look. I love it when that happens.

We headed to the Floating Garden in Osaka to see the sunset. You have to take this elevator up a million stories and then take this escalator through a tunnel to get to the top but the view was amazing. Matt and I are unclear why the building is called the Floating Garden though- there was no garden and it certainly was not floating. But it was still a lovely night. After the garden, we headed over to the big ferris wheel next to Umeda Station. However, the pictures were not that impressive.