Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Yuki Matsuri

Me in front of a huge lit-up castle snow sculpture
Hello Kitty (Kitty-chan) and Me
The view of Odori Park from the TV Tower
The snowman is crying because it is too warm and all of the ice sculptures are melting!
An ice sculpture with fish in it!
This weekend I went to the Snow Festival in Sapporo with my friends, Jess, Phill and Marie. There were tons of other JETs there so we saw Alex, Pam and Heath and some others along the way. We arrived on Friday midday and came back to Kanazawa this afternoon. It was a great weekend and I had a lot of fun. On Friday we ate Sapporo's famous ramen, walked around the snow sculptures in Odori Park at night and went up in the TV Tower which overlooks the city of Sapporo. On Saturday, we wandered around the snow sculptures some more and saw the ice sculptures in Susukino. We also had dinner at the Kirin Beer Garden and took in some of the nightlife of Sapporo (including a brief karaoke experience and some visits to the ice bars). On Sunday, Alex, Marie, Jess, Phill and I met up to go to Satoland. Satoland is in an area just outside of Sapporo and there are lots of snow tubing runs, a snow maze and a lot of kiddie things. On Monday, we went skiing and today we returned to Kanazawa. Great trip but, boy, am I tired.

1 comment:

moonrat said...

Point 1: It looks fantastic! I am *totally* going to yuki matsuri some time in the future so think about if you want to go again sometime. Were the fish in the ice sculpture alive? It seems unlikely but I wouldn't put it past the Japanese.

Point 2: Apparently you also know someone who spells Phill with two Ls!!! and you were making fun of my Phill.