Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Japanese notebook that I write down grammar and vocabulary in is a nondescript white notebook with a clear cover. It is not like those crazy notebooks that you can get that have clouds and strange writing and pictures of Barbie making friends with Winnie the Pooh. No, mine is normal. Or so I thought.

I just took a closer look at the clear cover and in the cover (it is frosted clear so there are fully clear parts with writing that I had never noticed) there are some fun phrases:

"B5 size daily notebook
For senuous people

This notebook is made of safe materials for the environment and be able to recycle burn. They are useful to your ecological contribution."

Huh? I just don't understand why no one has a native speaker of English take a look at something before it is printed on millions of notebooks. What does "for senuous people" mean? So weird!

No comments: