Jane and I entered an ikebana arrangement into an ikebana exhibition in Kanazawa this week. It was held in the Kencho, prefectural government building on the 19th floor. There were over 150 entries and we were the only non-Japanese people who entered. Needless to say our non-Japanese sounding names on the name plate had people stopping to take second look at our arrangement a few times. Jane and I entered a piece together- the idea was that the two parts of the arrangement complimented each other. Jane was in charge of the leafy party on the right side and I took care of the flowery part on the left side. Today we took a trip to the exhibition with Zach, Heather, Chris, Jess and Phill and it was kind of fun to see something that you made display for all to see.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Alexis, Ikebana Artist Extraordinaire!
Jane and I entered an ikebana arrangement into an ikebana exhibition in Kanazawa this week. It was held in the Kencho, prefectural government building on the 19th floor. There were over 150 entries and we were the only non-Japanese people who entered. Needless to say our non-Japanese sounding names on the name plate had people stopping to take second look at our arrangement a few times. Jane and I entered a piece together- the idea was that the two parts of the arrangement complimented each other. Jane was in charge of the leafy party on the right side and I took care of the flowery part on the left side. Today we took a trip to the exhibition with Zach, Heather, Chris, Jess and Phill and it was kind of fun to see something that you made display for all to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it's beautiful! very elegant.
Hey Alexis,
that's awesome! Glad to hear all is well!
Gabe
Post a Comment