There is this meat that I once bought in the grocery store. It was delicious- tender with no fat- and I could not figure out why it was so cheap when all of the other meat was so expensive. I bought it once but never again. It kind of freaked me out that it was so cheap but I couldn't read the kanji that specified what type of meat it was.
Well, I just went to the grocery store and walked by that meat. And there it was, a recognization kanji on the package, and it said HORSE! Ahhhh!!! I learned horse in Japanese class this week and that meat was definitely horse! So I ate horse!
(And now is the time when Juliet says "But Alexis, we learned horse in high school. You should have known." Well, Juliet, you are right and I have dearly paid for my bad memory.)
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
what's wrong with horse?!? i've had horse--i had basashi (horse SUSHI) in nagano (it's their regional delicacy!)and it was almost the yummiest thing i've ever eaten RAW! plus it was the day i discovered zarusoba, which is clearly the best form of soba. yummm horse.
ps i don't remember how to say "horse" in japanese.
馬= うま
yeah, I gotta get behind the horse eating. Its delicious! I order Basashi all the time. I guess I've just never been a 'horse person' so I have no emotional baggage. And besides, tasty is tasty!
Post a Comment