Thursday, January 18, 2007
Potatoes
People talk about the Japanese reliance on rice but I think we are all overlooking their reliance on potatoes. They show up everywhere you would not expect a potato to be. Yesterday I bit into what I thought was a tuna salad sandwich. Turns out it was a potato salad sandwich. Today, at lunch I got a spring roll at the grocery store. I expected it to be filled with normal spring roll middle stuff (pork, shrimp, veggies, etc) but no! There was mashed potato inside!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
and cold potato pasta!! any good italian would cringe.
I like potatos. I would actually complain that there aren't enough pototos here. But that would be, not enough Mashed/ Baked potatos etc. I want my food where I expect it, not hiding in crazy places. But really are the noble tater more or less crazy than fricken corn. CORN IS EVERYWHERE!
Makeinu- kinou, Arekushisusan ha nomisugita to omoimsau. Sore ha karada ni warui ne! Baka
Ug. Kinou watashi mo nomisugita. Karada ni warui indeed. Mou nomania koto ni suru.
i love that my friends that do not know each other are responding to each other on my blog in japanese.
Post a Comment