Monday, August 01, 2011

Rachel gets married!

Being abroad for long periods of time is amazing. There is a lot that is good about the experience. But the one thing that is bad is that you end up missing weddings, birthdays, and other important days. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to be able to return to the US from Lao PDR to be in the wonderful wedding of Rachel and Eli in early July. It was a whirlwind week of almost 80 hours of travel, 9 flights, three cities, and many Dunkin Donuts iced coffees. But it was worth it to spend the week with the people that I love. And as an added bonus, I did not miss Matt's birthday this year!


At the Rehearsal Dinner

Bridemaids!

Matt and Me
Bride and Groom
Rachel admiring herself (for good reason, she was a knock out!) with mom and sister looking on
When one travels 35 hours for a wedding, one brings beerlao tshirts!

No comments: