Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Alexis' Overseas Apartment: Laos

Some photos from my Vientiane apartment, for those who are interested.

The answers to the inevitable questions:

Yes, it is a bit luxurious.
No, most people in Lao do not live like this. (In fairness, neither would I except that my boss had a connection to the owner of the property and recommended I stay here. And given the location which was right across from my work, reasonable price when compared with US prices and the fact that I will only be here 6 months, I decided to go for it.)
Yes, I have grown accustomed to having my houselady do my laundry and my dishes.

What is a girl to do?

Bedroom- closets to die for! Too bad I came with one suitcase that barely takes up one of the three closets.
Bedroom- no, there is unfortunately no view behind the curtain
Living room- Dining for at least six people!
Living Room- the television has 48 channels, mostly Thai and Lao but there are a number of English news and movie channels. I particularly enjoy watching Piers Morgan while eating breakfast.
Kitchen- it is small and humble but in fairness eating out is so cheap here that I rarely ever cook. But I do have a hot water kettle for making Dunkin Donuts coffee!
My front door!
The pool
Deck furniture
Pool and palm trees!
Grounds around the apartment complex

2 comments:

Travelingrant said...

I want your apartment.

moonrat said...

dang, girrrl.