Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Odaiba!

John and I went to David's to watch the video from our trip. When we were waiting for a cab to the station, this ENORMOUS Cadillac appeared. John, a car lover, gave the guy a thumbs up and the cowboy hat wearing man behind the wheel reciprocated. We continued to wait for a cab with none in sight. Then, appearing like an Asian mirage (see American things appearing like Asian mirages in Singapore and for Lacie in Nikko) was our friend again. He pulled over and asked where we were going. His name was Charlie (I am pretty sure that it wasn't being that he was Japanese and all and there isn't really an L in Japaese) and he offered us a ride to the station. We hopped in (sorry Dad! I know I am not supposed to hitch rides with strangers but I figured getting in a Cadillac with 70 year old Charlie and 2 male friends would be ok) and I listened to John pepper the man with questions during the 7 minute ride to the station. How random!
Charlie and John

David and I continued to Odaiba while John baled to go home. In his defense, we was carrying home approximately all of the contents of David's apartment as David was moving out 2 days later. And John just could not let that half empty bottle of soy sauce go to waste.

I have wanted to go to Odaiba ever since I heard that they had the world's ninth largest ferris wheel. Odaiba had been described to me as a place to shop and eat but it was so much better than that! We took a monorail to get there and then watched the sunset over the Tokyo skyline. We walked in the water a bit and rode the ferris wheel. It was awesome!!! So pretty!!!
Sunset over Tokyo and the Rainbow Bridge
David tries to catch the jumping fish on his cameraMe and the lovely view

Once the sun set the view was even better with the boats lit up and the bridge turning all different colors

Sky Wheel!

1 comment:

moonrat said...

you're so cute.

"i've wanted to go to odaiba ever since i learned it was the world's ninth largest ferris wheel."

how does one LEARN something like that?!