Monday, July 02, 2007

Goodbye Party!


Alex, Me, Jon and Sharon

The Uchinada power team- Fiona and Bart

"The Cool Table"- I felt very popular when I got to sit at the table with the most people (8 people squished around this little table) until I looked over at Zach and Jane's table to see that they had 9 people! Well, that just meant that they got less food.

Me, Amanda, Caroline and Fiona

At one point I sat on this wooden box. Fiona exclaimed, "Be careful when sitting on hat. It is an antique." "Random antique wooden box sitting on the floor???" I thought to myself. I opened it up to find Caroline's various items and realized it was her purse! Only Caroline would have a wooden box with a strap attached to it and call it a purse. Oh jeeze.... the characters that I have met in my year here :)

Saturday night was the JET Goodbye party. I do not leave Japan until August but some people's contracts end in July and in a few weeks people will start to leave Ishikawa and head for home or some other adventure. There was a dinner at a local restaurant and then a party at Apre. Apre is also closing and Saturday was its last night open. As such, it was ridiculously packed so I spent much of the night sitting outside and chatting with people.

No comments: