Friday, July 20, 2007

Good byes!

It has been a busy two weeks of goodbyes and farewells, both at school and outside of school. Last week I gave my goodbye speech in front of 1000 students in Japanese! It was a little daunting but I think I did well. We have also had goodbye lessons in all of our classes. I taught my last lesson yesterday. The kids here are so good at English, so sweet and smart- I am really going to miss them and this school.


After I gave my goodbye speech, the school gave me the largest bouquet of roses that I have ever seen in my life. I did not have a vase big enough for them so I made to put them in my hot water maker and cover it with a table clothe. They were beautiful.

Class 15 was by far my favorite class. The students were always excited and eager to participate and they loved me and the JTE that I taught with. It was Kitagawa Sensei's birthday on our last class so they made us a big drawing to say happy birthday to him and goodbye to me.

This is apparently what I look like. Not bad!

One of Zach's students wrote him a note and drew a picture of him. It might be time for a haircut :)

The view from the window of Class 12.

No comments: