Hello everyone,
Today is Thanksgiving and I am in Japan. I do actually have the day off for some Japanese holiday (Labor Day, I think). I am doing lots of Thanksgiving-y things (which is to say not Thanksgiving-y AT ALL) like ikebana and shopping. I did go to McDonalds today and that may be about as American as I will get today. I wouldn't mind a piece of pumpkin pie but I will have to settle for the pumpkin shaped chocolate that my Dad and Cindy sent me instead (thanks for that, btw!).
I am enjoying a relaxing day. The last two days were really busy. We had our JET Mid Year Conference which was held about 90 minutes from KZ. There were lots of presentations on lots of topics including Motivating and Evaluating your Students and Surviving an Ishikawa Winter (wear a sweater, yeah, I would have figured that one out). I love conferences so I had a great time and it was nice to meet some new people and see other people that I don't see a lot.
Tomorrow I will be back to work and then it is the weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! It was cold and rainy here, so you didn't miss much!
sorry... that last post was me!
Hi Alexis
A quik Hello. Hope all is well. Will talk to you over the Holidays.
Love Marce
Post a Comment