Asae and Ayami (Best Actress!)
Ensemble performance of "Anything Goes"
At the barber shop (my favorite scene!!!)Today was the English Speaking Society (ESS) Drama Festival. Weeks of practicing and preparing (mostly from our ESS girls but Zach and I put in a few late nights with them too) led up to this performance where our school competed against 10 other area schools all with 30 minute plays. Nisui performed an adaptation of Roman Holiday and the girls worked so so hard. We ended up with 3rd place! I was really proud of and happy for our girls because despite having come in 1st or 2nd place for the last six years or so, they were still really happy with 3rd place and we gracious and happy kids. The play was amazing and one of the judges told one of our teachers that we actually came in first place in terms of points but went over time by 2 minutes which dropped us to 3rd place. No matter though- it was a lot of fun and the girls were really happy. And our lead male role (played by a girl) and president of ESS won the Best Actress award!!!! Overall, it made me really happy to be working here!
2 comments:
Hi Alexis
We got your postcard - thanks. You look like you are having a good time in Japan - your pictures are awesome.
We are all fine here. Gen and Kate are off having an adventure in Australia, Ted is working up in Ontario - staying at Rob's while he is there - Natahn is in Grade 11 at Bluefield, and Gabe is working on his GED - High school equilvalency tests. I am finishing up my contract at the Tax Centre - I work 9 months and am off 3 - I am looking forward to a break.
Our weather has been staying pretty mild - but a lot of rain. It is supposed to be 18 degrees this Friday, which is pretty warm for this time of year.
Well, I must go. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you.
Love Marcianne and all
dahling, you have found a means of putting all those late-night drama club hours to use in your real life!
Post a Comment