Friday, May 27, 2011
L(a)ost!
Arrived safely in Vientiane after about 30 hours of travel. My coworker, Mr. Joy, picked me up and took me to the office and then to my apartment. My apartment is right across the street from the office and has all the amenities a girl could want- air conditioning, a tv playing ESPN (including all the baseball games I try to avoid in the US), a pool and a lovely lady who does my laundry daily, washes my dishes and even changes the toilet paper roll each day so that there is always a fresh one. Work seems great so far- there are finger scanners to get into each door; very James Bond! I took a little walk around the city center on Wednesday but other than that I have mostly been sleeping. I imagine I will get out and about this weekend and will certainly post some photos when I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy cow having a maid to do my dishes and laundry is my fantasy.
Glad you've arrived safely!
Post a Comment