Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dessert Truck

Ok. So I haven't loved every minute of living in New York. It is expensive and crowded and more pretentious than Boston. Girls wear Chanel dresses and I haven't seen someone wearing a t-shirt declaring their college in weeks. I sometimes think that smaller cities are more my style. I like wearing flip flops. A lot.

But for its flaws, New York can beat no other in terms of food. Someone sometime once said that to have lived in New York is to have lived everywhere. And I think that holds true, especially in terms of food. After having a delicious dinner at Go, a Japanese restaurant on St. Mark's Place with Juliet and her friend, Aubrey, we stopped at what can only be described as heaven on the sidewalk. It was the Dessert Truck serving up delicious delicacies that would make the ice cream truck blush. Aubrey and I had the chocolate mousse with peanut butter cream center topped with caramel popcorn. Juliet had the Goat Cheese Cheesecake. I thought the cheesecake was kind of a miss. Imagine what sweet goat cheese tastes like and you have the favor idea. I wasn't a fan. But the mousse really was to die for.


No comments: