Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Tokyo!


Me and the Big Buddha of Kamakura

Statutes for unborn children

View from Kamakura

Tokyo

Shimokitazawa

Last week was Spring Break at Northeastern so I took the opportunity to go to Japan for a week! It was a quick trip but I had a great time visiting with friends and seeing some of the sites that I had not already seen. I arrived in Tokyo on Friday, Feb 21 and quickly saw my friend, Dan, that I had met in Kanazawa last year. On Saturday, I went to Kamakura which is a little town about an hour outside of Tokyo which boasts the second largest Buddha in Japan. On Sunday, I met up with my other friend, Dan, a friend from Tufts, for lunch and then took a long walk around Tokyo. On Sunday night, Dan from Kanazawa and I met up again and we had conveyor belt sushi and visited some of the many bars in Shimokitazawa, where he works, and Shinjuku. I left for Kanazawa on Monday.

No comments: