I have made it a goal to continue with my blog. A) It reminds me that I have survived, and conquered, another day (or week or month as the case may be) and B) it reminds me that if my life has not been interesting enough to post for a little while then I had better spice it up a bit. On previous posts from Japan, you will notice random trips to gardens and shrines in Kanazawa. Those posts were a product of those times. C) I really enjoy really other people's blogs so I figure that someone must enjoy mine too.
Incidentally, here are a few of my favorite blogs either because they are written by some of my favorite people or they are funny and/or insightful. And most of them have pictures and I like pictures.
http://zachandjane.blogspot.com/
http://editorialass.blogspot.com/
http://travelingrant.blogspot.com/
http://www.michaelpanda.com/blog/
You will notice that most of my posts from Japan centered around pictures. This is more difficult to do in law school since most of my life revolves around the library hours and ABP and DD coffee.
At Northeastern, we are separated into law offices. These are groups of 10-15 students led by an upperclassman called a Lawyering Fellow (LF). We have all of our lecture classes together and have a writing/research class together and a discussion type section with our LF. In short, you had better hope you like these people because you see them A LOT. Luckily, I do like all of the people in my group (and not just because my blog is not anonymous).
Our LF sent us an article on surviving law school the other day (http://www.slate.com/id/2069512) and part of it resonated with me. The author writes, "Someone in my One-L class rendered me semi-autistic in the first semester of law school by suggesting that I'd probably flunk out because I used an orange highlighter. The only person stupider than the moron who said that was me—I changed highlighters." I am taking a Japanese class with the Boston Japan Society and on the first day of class I was chatting with another girl. I soon found out that she was a second year at another Boston law school. I told her that I was a 1L at Northeastern to which she replied, "WHAT? You are a 1L and you are not in the library? You need to go home and study RIGHT NOW." I responded to this by saying that I thought I would be able to carve out a hour and a half in my week for Japanese class (for goodness sake!). Incidentally, she was not in Japanese class today. Maybe the stress of the semester is getting to her already. Some people need to chill out.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
muwahahahaha. that girl had it coming.
gambarimashou ne!
10 gatsu ni tanoshimi desu ne!
Hooray Alexis Linked me! *happy*
Yes, please keep it up, I like to keep track of what my favorite law student is up to. But now, I have to go walk the dog. Maybe I can use his insufferable cuteness to pick up some early rising chicks. ;-)
Post a Comment