Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy (almost) Birthday to Jane!







Well, through serendipidous chance my father and stepmother sent me Fourth of July paper goods which arrived in my mailbox today (Thank you, Dad and Cindy!). This was lucky for two reasons. One, I went to an International Day at Fushimi High (Dan and Jess's school) today and I had a prize to give to the girl who won my America quiz. Two, Jane and Zach came over for dinner and since I only own 4 plates, it would have been difficult to serve dinner and eat without the help of the lovely American flag plates. Incidentally, though Jane and Zach are Canadian, they are soon moving to NY so that Zach can go to grad school so I just told them that the plates were to celebrate their move to the US. It is Jane's birthday on Friday so I made her a "cake". However, I have no oven and so instead I made chocolate pancakes and piled them on top of each other. (I also made hamburgers, deviled eggs and salad...... be impressed, people! I am not exactly known for my culinary skills.)

Anyway......... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!!!!!!

2 comments:

moonrat said...

i want to eeeeeeat it

Matt said...

I think you are going to have to make me a pancake birthday cake when you get back!!

Happy Birthday Jane!