Deer run all over the place in Nara They are considered deities and you are supposed to feed them crackers. However, really what happens is that they sense that you have food and they ATTACK you biting your butt and chomping on your clothes until you throw all of your crackers in the air and start yelling "No more! I have no more!"
The Golden Pavillion in Kyoto
Todaiji Temple in Nara
Nijo Castle in Kyoto 

1 comment:
The amazing thing is, I can, right at this moment, picture and hear you throwing the crackers and yelling at the deer that you have no more. So laughing about this mental image basically just made my day :). I am really surprised that the deer are that unafraid of people that they are roaming around/running up and biting you for some crackers. Who ever heard of being chased by biting deer in this country?! Exactly. It's really great that your dad got over there to visit you (for a week I presume); is Matt going to visit at all? PS- I am totally psyched about you coming back for xmas!
Post a Comment