I arrived EARLY on Saturday morning and spent the day wandering around, reading, people watching, looking at free things and drinking iced coffee (YES London, your iced coffee IS delicious!). I have visited London a few times before and had seen the main tourist highlights which gave me the absolute luxury of being about to sit on the south bank and people watch without feeling since I should be talking to some beefeaters in the Tower of London instead. Aaron and I met up in the evening with his lovely girlfriend, Sune, for dinner and lots of chatting. Aaron and I had quite a bit of catching up to do and Sune has traveled extensively so I picked her brain about traveling all over the world. On Sunday, Aaron and I met up with two of his friends for coffee, took a nice walk across Tower Bridge and then went to the market at Spiddalfields and Bricklane. The weather was perfect and it was a lovely day to wander, enjoy the weather and the company.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Just touched down in Londontown.
One of the joys of being in Ireland for the summer is that there are fairly inexpensive flights to lots of other European countries. After about a month in Galway, I was looking to get out for a bit and one of my friends from university, Aaron, lives in London. So off I went!
I arrived EARLY on Saturday morning and spent the day wandering around, reading, people watching, looking at free things and drinking iced coffee (YES London, your iced coffee IS delicious!). I have visited London a few times before and had seen the main tourist highlights which gave me the absolute luxury of being about to sit on the south bank and people watch without feeling since I should be talking to some beefeaters in the Tower of London instead. Aaron and I met up in the evening with his lovely girlfriend, Sune, for dinner and lots of chatting. Aaron and I had quite a bit of catching up to do and Sune has traveled extensively so I picked her brain about traveling all over the world. On Sunday, Aaron and I met up with two of his friends for coffee, took a nice walk across Tower Bridge and then went to the market at Spiddalfields and Bricklane. The weather was perfect and it was a lovely day to wander, enjoy the weather and the company.
St. Paul's Cathedral and the Millenium Bridge from inside the Tate Modern Museum
Bungee dancing at the National Theater
Bart Simpson sand sculpture
London 2009!
Trees in London look like they are from Dr. Seuss!! :)
London Eye and Big Ben
Tower Bridge
The boys, the bridge and the purple pancreas balloons that they then "traded" for other promotional material
Me, Aaron and our balloons
I arrived EARLY on Saturday morning and spent the day wandering around, reading, people watching, looking at free things and drinking iced coffee (YES London, your iced coffee IS delicious!). I have visited London a few times before and had seen the main tourist highlights which gave me the absolute luxury of being about to sit on the south bank and people watch without feeling since I should be talking to some beefeaters in the Tower of London instead. Aaron and I met up in the evening with his lovely girlfriend, Sune, for dinner and lots of chatting. Aaron and I had quite a bit of catching up to do and Sune has traveled extensively so I picked her brain about traveling all over the world. On Sunday, Aaron and I met up with two of his friends for coffee, took a nice walk across Tower Bridge and then went to the market at Spiddalfields and Bricklane. The weather was perfect and it was a lovely day to wander, enjoy the weather and the company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AWwwww i miss london almost as much as I miss you...
But where is the beer?
Post a Comment